Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Forgotten flowers, and a ladybug

As a photographer, I usually take about 20 photos of something to get one that I like. That may sound like a bad ratio of hit and miss, but I don't think anyone can simply go out and take amazing shot after amazing shot. Anyway, all that to say that my hard drive has been clogging up with photos that I don't need or want. Spring is here, time to clean up.

This week I was going through photos of flowers that I had taken at my mom's house and I found a batch of RAW images that I never edited. My new rule is to edit and delete all the photos I don't want each day that I shoot, so I don't get into another muddle as I have currently. I think when I was starting out, every shot was special to me and I didn't have the heart to slice and dice. Now I am much more ruthless.


Summer is almost here and I can't wait to take more shots of flowers when the weather finally gets warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment