Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I Can Has Kitty?

In September, I visited my friend Kelly in Halifax where he raises horses with his wife Stacie. They have a huge farm on 35 acres and along with two dogs, 10 cats roam the area on the lookout for mice. I honestly didn't go to Halifax to take photos of cats, but when I got there, the setting was too perfect.

The names of these cats are like characters from "The Wire". There's Booger, Charlie, Skunk, Sly, Tiny, Vo, Itchy... the list goes on. If you ever need names for a tv show, Kelly and Stacie might be able to help out.

Four of the cats were kittens and as always they were playful and eager to investigate what was going on. They never come in the house, but they do know where the food comes from and so they are usually nearby if you go outside.

Looking at these photos you might think I was using a long lens to try and blur the background, but the long lens was too long, as the cats would move around so fast that it was hard to get a nice crisp shot of them. I used my 100mm macro lens instead and that allowed me to sit nearby and if they got close, I could take photos with amazing detail.

That farm where your parents said your pets went to when they grew old and tired exists. It's near Halifax and it's about as close to a kitty "heaven" as I think you could script.


No comments:

Post a Comment