Friday, December 11, 2009

My first post

I started this blog to show what I have been up to and what I have shot recently.

Last Sunday I worked on a friend's school project. She needed to emulate an actress that she admired, and also copy a movie poster. She chose Natalie Wood as her actress which was a great choice as she looks so much like her. Here we shot her on the stairs in a summer dress while it was -23C outside. Put side by side, I think we got the look and the pose right.

This shot looked really cool thanks to a flash behind facing the wall and then another flash on 1/32nd power directly in front of her.

Later, we tackled the Lolita poster... It looks so easy, but it was still challenging to try and get the light right, the pose, the props, etc. I think our version came out nicely seeing as we were working with "Risky Business" shades and a neon pen rather than heart shaped glasses and a seductive sucker.

A really cool project, lots of fun and a good way to spend a cold day inside.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment